Hillary Clinton not Concerned about the Department of Veterans Affairs
Hillary Clinton doesn’t think the problems that plague the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are widespread. Clinton is progressive, so she is committed to an ideology that excuses the most heinous of acts as long as the leviathan continues its march toward utopia.
Clinton claims that there are very few problems at the VA, and the problems that do exist have been exaggerated and politicized by Republicans. How do you exaggerate facts? The failings of the Health Eligibility Center (HEC) of the VA are exaggerated? The Office of Inspector General (OIG) investigated the allegations against HEC and concluded the following about the applications process:
- 867,000 records are in a pending status.
- At least 477,00 of the pending applications did not have dates.
- The majority of the pending applications have been inactive for years, meaning nobody at the HEC did anything to process the applications. The applications were submitted by clerks at the VA medical centers to the HEC’s Enrollment System (ES), and nobody worked them.
- As of September 2014, more than 307,000 applications were submitted by veterans who are now deceased.
- The OIG revealed in its report that VA employees “incorrectly marked unprocessed applications as completed and possibly deleted 10,000 or more transactions from the Workload Reporting and Productivity (WRAP) system over the past 5 years.”
- The OIG discovered that the VA failed to process applications going back to September 2012.
The HEC only handles applications for four (4) VA facilities. It appears that hundreds of thousands of veterans died while waiting for care. What’s the big deal, so people died, it is not as bad as it sounds. It isn’t a big deal for Clinton because she is an ideologue who thinks progressives can deliver their version of utopia with the help of federal government bureaucrats. There will be casualties on the road to utopia.